Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Mercury Men: an Episodic Web Serial

With a hat tip to Lou Anders, in his Pyr blog today, he linked to The Mercury Men, an episodic web serial. Hearkening back to the thrilling days of yesteryear, these guys have made a trailer for their new endeavor and its spectacular. The vibe they give off is pure storytelling and pure fun. Go check it out now!

Be sure to read the blog where Christopher Preksta, the creator, discusses his influences. His riff on Star Wars is something I have embraced and written about in more than one place, most recently on my review of the original Star Wars novelization over at my crime blog (to be republished here at SF Safari tomorrow).

I just finished reading Gabriel Hunt at the Well of Eternity and will review it tomorrow at my crime blog. The Hunt books are written in this episodic, thrilling style, a form of storytelling I predict will have a resurgence once e-reading really takes off (it's already started). And with folks like Preksta making quality work like The Mercury Men, we're going to enter a whole new age of storytelling. It's an exciting time to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Perdido Street Station by China Mieville

(Even though this is a cross-post, there might be genre-specific discussions that would better be served here at SF Safari than at my other ...